About Berryvale Grocery
Berryvale Grocery empowers health-conscious consumers to make value-based choices that will improve their lives and the world around them. We strive to support community based causes, groups and events that share our values through donations and contributions. We make a concerted effort to keep our dollars local by purchasing products from vendors and companies close to home. Berryvale is dedicated to providing a carefully curated selection of food, produce, beverages, vitamins, supplements and health and beauty products that meet our strict criteria so conscious consumers can enjoy a trustworthy shopping experience, knowing our products can be used and consumed with confidence and in good health.
Berryvale has built an entire organization based on community involvement and the importance of healthy, organic and eco –friendly practices.
We are located in Mount Shasta, California, at the base of the town’s namesake 14,179’ Cascade volcano, surrounded by mountains, rivers, forests, lakes, and wilderness. Outdoor recreational opportunities, spiritual quests, and incredibly clean air and water draw most of our visitors and residents alike. We experience four seasons for outdoor play in the areas surrounding our small, friendly community.
Berryvale is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Store Manager. The primary focus of this position will be leading and coordinating the activities of our retail departments. Reporting to the General Manager and a key participating member of the Management Team, you will be responsible for overseeing the management and merchandising of our Grocery, Produce, Wellness, Beer & Wine, Housewares, Chill, and Facilities Departments to meet goals for sales, margins, labor, and customer service.
The primary purposes of the Store Manager are to work with the General Manager, Department Coordinators, and owners to ensure overall merchandising; to maintain appropriate inventory levels and accurate on-hands; to oversee features and displays; to create retail events to promote and drive sales; to promote fast and friendly checkouts; to ensure that product loading is handled quickly, accurately, and with friendliness; to maintain the company expectations for customer satisfaction; to act as a role model and leader; to provide mentorship to employees; to assist the General Manager with various human resource duties; and to provide support to the General Manager and other Department Coordinators in maintaining the overall store operations.
The ideal candidate will have significant years of retail food store management experience and possess demonstrable leadership skills. A familiarity with financial management including spreadsheets and financial reporting and experience in establishing margins and pricing. Knowledge of merchandising, promotional programs and category management are essential.
Salary for the position will be competitive and based on previous experience and accomplishment.
Education and/or Experience
- A high-school diploma or equivalent. BA or BS in management related field strongly desired, or equivalent in hand-on experience.
- A minimum of 2 years retail management experience.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in human resources, emphasizing on recruiting, knowledge of labor laws at the state and federal level, record keeping, and confidentiality.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and QuickBooks.
- Ability to use the Internet for product research, proficient typing skills for producing memorandum and business writing, and the technical ability to learn and become an efficient user of internal software used for daily operations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and/or Attributes
- Ability to develop and train employees.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with others.
- Ability to merchandise effectively.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to employees.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely to respond to business operations.
- Ability to maintain records and documentation.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide clear instruction to employees.
- Ability to operate all equipment on location in order to perform any job function, as necessary.
- Ability to follow up on assigned tasks.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by June 20, 2015. Please no phone calls.